Integrated EAP/Managed Behavioral Health Model (IM)
Chestnut Global Partners (CGP) was one of the initial vendors to experiment with using an existing EAP as the “natural” gateway to a mental health/substance abuse treatment resource covered under a self-insured benefit plan. This approach, when done correctly, enlarges the scope of EAP to be the initial point of access to behavioral health services without diluting core EAP functions. If an EAP is already trusted and integrated into an organization’s culture, the integrated EAP/managed behavioral health service (referred to as “Integrated Model” or “IM”) builds upon a resource that already works and is familiar to employees, members, and other stakeholders. The goal of the IM is to consolidate the strengths of both a stand-alone EAP and a managed behavioral health carve-out, which has some potential advantages over a segregated program or an IM that is poorly integrated.
Behavioral Health Services
Work-Life Service Delivery
- Call Center 24 hours a day, seven days a week, provides around the clock access to a licensed behavioral health professional.
- Utilization Management helps contain behavioral healthcare costs while helping people find the right care in the right place at the right time.
- Case Management helps those needing intensive care to get on the road to health and healing.
- Complex Case Management provides coordination and support for individuals and families devastated by behavioral healthcare difficulties.
- Psychiatric Condition Management reaches out to those with chronic health conditions to help them reach optimal health.
- Antidepressant Pharmacy Management works with physicians and patients to promote effective use of medication.
Website resources gives users trustworthy information.
- An extensive provider network. The network includes the full continuum of credentialed outpatient practitioners and inpatient/residential facilities.
With our customizable program design, innovative pricing, strategic alliances, and highly qualified staff, CGP provides world-class employee support services that help companies increase employee effectiveness and see a high return on investment.
- Warm transfer: EAP intake staff transfer the employee to a work-life consultant, giving an introduction. The consultant performs a work-life assessment, conducts the search and returns the search results directly to the employee.
- Call intake: EAP intake staff completes the intake and then submits it. The work-life consultant conducts the search and returns the search results directly to the employee.
- Online intake/assisted search: The user completes an online intake form that is submitted on the website. Our Work-Life department receives the form and conducts the search. The results are mailed or sent by email to the employee.
- Live Connect: While linked to the website, the employee can click on "Live Connect" and be connected immediately with a counselor. "Live Connect" utilizes familiar and secure instant messaging technology.
Your employees don't just receive a list of possible providers; we provide confirmed vacancies and details about the facility/home and its programs. The information is carefully checked for accuracy and the vacancy is confirmed. If a required resource is not available, our consultants will work with the employee to refine the search and find alternatives.
We are an industry leader in work-life quality control. From the moment a request is made until the employee expresses his/her satisfaction with the results, quality is the primary focus of our service. It begins with our consultant recruitment and quality incentive process and continues through three levels of quality review.