We provide unlimited telephone consultation on any difficult employee behavior or performance issues. The purpose of each consultation is to help supervisors take the most appropriate action when dealing with troubled or impaired employees and resolve negative situations in a respectful and accountable manner.
We have conducted supervisory training for thousands of managers, supervisors, and union representatives throughout the U.S.A. and abroad. The benefits of this training are reflected in the high number of supervisory referrals to our EAP, indicating that supervisors are identifying and referring troubled or impaired employees under their supervision.
Some employees who report to work "under-the-influence", threaten violence on the job, or engage in extremely aberrant, unsafe behavior at work will likely be required to undergo a clinical evaluation prior to returning to work.
Crisis Management Consultation
Shortly after a serious workplace accident or incident, one of our senior staff works with management to enhance their ability to respond. This usually includes:
- providing internal communications and employee announcements;
- identifying any needs of family members we can assist with;
- responding to employee critical incident stress with onsite support and critical incident debriefing groups; and
- providing any recommendations following our intervention to aid in the recovery of the affected employee group.
We provide educational workshops on a variety of organizational or behavioral health topics. The content and title of a particular workshop is based on the target population, the goals identified by the company requesting the training, and other special requests. We tailor our services to individual requests.
Examples of some workshops provided over the years include:
- Workplace violence
- Effective parenting
- Stress resiliency
- Emotional intelligence
- Conflict resolution
- Workplace diversity
- Substance abuse at work
- Team building
- Work/family balance
- Coping with organizational change
Click here to see our training catalog.
CGP can support the human resource development efforts of its client companies with customized consulting services in response to specific behavioral or organizational health issues at work. Examples include:
- Refining a substance abuse policy to be more effective.
- Conducting employee focus groups or an occupational stress inventory.
- Developing a workplace violence prevention plan.
- Facilitating a team development strategy.
- Processing critical issues during a downsizing period.
CGP helps organizations implement a Fatigue Risk Management Systems (FRMS) by using a behavioral based approach that creates awareness, and provide strategies that builds employees' motivation to make behavioral changes to improve sleep; which in turn increases workplace productivity and reduces risk for accidents and errors.
CGP's Fatigue Management programs and services include:
- Employee training incorporating risk assessments for sleep disorders and behavioral/lifestyle factors causing fatigue.
- Supervisor training.
- Sleep coaching.
- Consultations and roster reviews.
Click here for more information.